A million dollars. $1 million. $1MM. However you choose to write it, that’s what we’re looking for in incremental annual agency net revenue from our Business Development Manager. It might seem like a lot to ask. But we won’t be sending him or her—or you—out there alone and unarmed.
Clients are looking for breakthroughs. And Flynn is built to deliver them. You’ll be offering our consultancy-level data science and strategy capabilities, as well as powerful creative and precision-targeted media services designed to break through the clutter.
As our Business Development Manager, you’ll have a senior position responsible for soliciting new clients in a range of targeted industries according to our business plan. And if you have the strong agency and business development experience we’re looking for, you’ll know that it’s all about closing sales. To get those names on the dotted lines, you’ll be doing all the business development functions you’re likely familiar with: prospecting, relationship development, lead generation and qualification, and presentation and pitch development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus on identifying, cultivating, and closing new business opportunities
- Promote and sell marketing communications solutions to new customers at senior management and higher levels
- Generate leads, identify decision makers, establish meetings, and identify solid revenue-generating accounts and business potential
- Solicit new business through cold calling, networking, referrals, and lead-generation activities
- Present communications proposals designed to maximize clients’ sales and market share
- Communicate pricing, develop proposals, negotiate terms and conditions, and close sales
- Directly manage and/or transition sold business to Account Executives to maintain and develop, while continuing to develop additional opportunities at newly sold accounts
- At least 10 years of agency experience is a must, with five or more years in business development
- Outside sales experience; ideally in advertising
- Strong marketing fundamentals experience with broad agency knowledge
- Experience developing marketing communications plans and brand strategy
- Motivated self-starter with outstanding initiative and tenacity
- Goal-driven and detail-oriented
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Strong general communication and high-level presentation skills
- Skilled at building relationships and pitching the C-Suite
- Comfortable representing the agency at industry events and shows
- Good collaboration skills with ability to direct internal teams
- Ability to effectively make cold calls and present information to prospects in order to generate meeting
- Capable of publishing white papers and contributing to other agency self-promotion content
If this sounds like you, we’d love to learn more. Click here to apply.